Gluten Free & Vegan Spring Lunch

As the seasons are changing, so are my taste buds. I find that the closer we get to warm days, I want less of the heavy cooked foods (winter squash, oatmeal, etc.) and more of the "light" cool spring foods (mango, herbs, cucumber, etc). So the saying goes, eat with the season.

After running around all day attempting to accomplish the ever-growing to-do list, I was starving and it was past my typical meal time so I wanted something quick and easy.

I had been craving protein and decided to mend this with an avocado mash. I grabbed some gluten-free bread and simply smeared some fresh avocado. I added a touch of pink salt and fresh herbs, but other than that, I decided to leave it simple. Which seems to be easier on my digestion.

To counteract the heat and heaviness from the avocado- I added a fresh zucchini noodle salad with fresh herbs and a touch of lime.

Lastly, I had some leftover fresh vegan spring rolls with a turmeric orange dressing.

For a quick meal, I must say, I outdid myself!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Ayurvedic Tea

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!