Norm's Farms - Be Well, Get Elderberry!



Norm's Farms, located in Pittsboro, NC is a small sustainable elderberry farm. Their mission is healing foods make with natural, simple ingredients. Their parent farm, named in honor of Norman Lenhardt, is located in Hartsburg, MO and has been placed in a land trust to honor Norm's dream for land preservation.

While elderberries are a powerhouse full of antioxidants and known for it's healing benefits - only 10% of all U.S. elderberries are grown on U.S. soil, most are imported from Europe. Which makes Norm's Farm even more precious and important - buy local!

If you have not already fallen in love with Norm's Farms, get this. They encourage you to learn not only the health benefits of elderberries, how to produce/start your own elderberry farm and encourage you to apply to become one of their berry suppliers!

Norm's Farms carries a wide variety of elderberry products:
- Syrups
- Jams, Jellies, and Preserves
- Supplements
- American Elderberry cutlets, to help you begin your own growings!

I was blessed with an amazing shipment of a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Thus far, I have tried only one of the products and have fallen madly in love! Pretty sure this jar of Elderberry Pecan Jam will be gone within the week!

I decided to add it to one of my classic banana whips and let me tell you - no longer do I have an interest in a simple plain old banana whip, I will forever need to add the amazing combination of sweet and tart elderberry, pungent ginger and a hint of crunchy roasted pecans. It honestly took my whip to a whole new level and once I completed it, I went back and started spoon eating the jam directly from the jar!

I have never had a jam include actually junks of nuts! And for $6.00 a jar, this is a steal! I would rather pay $6.00 to support local, eat right, and have junks of pecans than any other mass produced jam company.

In addition, you can't feel bad about binge eating this jam! It is made with powerhouse ingredients and  GMO-free!

Yum Yum!
Norm's Farm for the win! Stay tuned for additional reviews!

P.S I have the Blueberry Elderberry Preserves packed for the camping trip - it will be added to my morning gluten-free oats!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Camping Done Healthy (Gluten-Free Camping).

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Vegan Ice Cream Sundae (Gluten-Free)

Happy 4th of July - Gluten-Free & Vegan Strawberry Cucumber Salad

Smoky Mountain Camping Trip Done Vegan & Gluten-Free

Simple Zoodle Recipe for Summer (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Nine Mile, Asheville NC

Women's Weekend in the Woods