Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

Jackfruit is a newer food for me - I have only been experiementing with it for about a year now - but the first time I ever had the opportunity to try it, I was immediately sucked in!

This fruit is beyond versitile! It is great to eat the pods as quick snack, the "skin" can be used to make amazing vegan mock-meat options and the seeds are amazing steamed!

Did I mention it is also nutritious?
      -Fights off wrinkles
      -Helps with that glowing skin
      -High in protein!!!!
      -Promotes hair growth
      -Boost the immune system
      -Provides energy
      -Maintain blood pressure
      -Helps with sluggish digestion



Most people are only familiar with jackfruit in the canned form - me, I think that is gross, but if you need jackfruit and the fresh stuff isn't avaiable, we all have to do what we have to do....

I prefer getting the jackfruit fresh! It can be a bit of work to prepair, but I have found ways to get around that!

Method of Preparing Jackfruit
1. Use a RIPE jackfruit
2. Cut slices off (it is less intimidating and it helps keep some of the freshness)
3. Trim off the peel.
4. Pull out the pods
5. Remove the seeds from the pod
6. Pull off the "skin".

I store each part in it's own bag until I am ready to taggle it.

 Vegan Jackfruit Tuna Salad
Ingrediants
- Fresh Jaskfruit skin
- Celery
- Spring onion
- Fresh grated ginger
- Grated carrots
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon and Lime Juice
- Tumeric
- Cilantro
- Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Caynenee Pepper  
- Cooking Alchemy's Herbal Nutri-Spice 

Directions
- Prepare all of your ingrediants above and then mix together. Enjoy!

I ate mine plain and also mix it with some raw zoodles.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

The Juice Merchant, Narberth PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!

Comforting Fall Soup (Vegan & Gluten-Free)

Origin Almond, Local and Pure Almond Milk

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Fifil Garlic Vegan Sauces (Gluten-Free) Review

Creamy Vegetable Soup (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly